What I’ve learned — lesson 6: The 20 Commandments of Runner’s Etiquette
- Thou shalt honor thy body and keep it fed; do not forsaketh carbohydrates but enjoy them and rejoice in thy ever-increasing metabolism.
- Thou shalt not line up in a corral in which ye cannot keep up.
- Thou shalt move to the side of the road/trail before halting abruptly to avoid collisions.
- Thou shalt not covet thy fellow runners PR’s.
- Thou shalt acknowledge waves, greetings, nods, and good morrow’s when passing other runners.
- Thou shalt run with awareness at night, for lo! Lurkers may creep when nobody is watching.
- Thou shalt invest in good running shoes. Do not be deceived by what is popular.
- Thou shalt remember the rest day, and keep it holy. It is most beauteous.
- Thou shalt not forget to hydrate, for your body will betray you with dehydration.
- Thou shalt not be invincible and run through aches and pains/ignore injuries.
- Thou shalt show mercy unto thy fellow runners, and not blow snot rockets without looking first.
- Thou shalt run against traffic, or surely thou will perish.
- Thou shalt not throw cups at the feet of runners behind you.
- Thou shalt pay attention to traffic before crossing streets.
- Thou shalt commit adultery with other forms of exercise; biking, hiking, elliptical and swimming shall heal thy tired muscles.
- Thou shalt thank the volunteers, and honor them with praise.
- Thou shalt not be an elitist jerk. If ye run, ye are a runner.
- Thou shalt not litter thy fuel trash.
- Thou shalt bequeath thy wealth of knowledge to newer runners, for the experienced man is wise.
- Thou shalt enjoy thyself. If running givest thy soul grief, thou shalt rethink the path of exercise and maybe take up zumba.
What say you, good gentles/ladies?
I ran! :O
Talk about being over due for an update. I’ll try to post a quick update this week. Even though I don’t post as much, I still regularly browse your posts and the fitblr/tumblr blogs!